Privacy Statement Hotel Vé
Hotel Vé values your privacy. Your personal data are processed and used in a secure and careful manner. To this end, we comply with the applicable laws and regulations.
This means the following:
- We inform you in an understandable and transparent manner about the processing of your personal data and your rights;
- We only use your personal data for explicitly defined and legitimate purposes. These purposes are concrete, clear and determined in advance.
- We process your data on a legal basis;
- We take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data.
Verimpro BV, with registered office at 2800 Mechelen, Vismarkt 14, CBE 044.487.850 (hereinafter referred to as “Hotel Vé”) is responsible for processing your personal data. If you still have questions about this matter after reading this privacy statement, you can contact us by email at email@example.com.
This Privacy Statement applies to all personal data processed by Hotel Vé or Vé Wellness.
Which personal data are processed?
Hotel Vé records your personal data in its database for Hotel Vé’s own use. For this purpose we record the following:
- Surname, first name, date of birth, address, nationality
- Telephone number and email address
- Services/products that you purchased in the past are recorded
- Identity card number / Passport number
- Booking dates
- Financial data such as credit card number, bank account number, etc.
- Camera images
When are personal data processed/collected?
- By booking on the website
- By telephone
- By email
- By external booking channels
Why are personal data processed?
- As part of the contractual relationship (booking, reservation, etc.)
Hotel Vé has installed surveillance cameras in certain places at and inside its hotel. The presence of surveillance cameras is always indicated by pictograms. If you are in a location with surveillance cameras, there is a chance that you will be filmed. Your personal data will then be processed as well.
Hotel Vé collects these data on the grounds of its legitimate interest to ensure the safety of its customers, staff and property.
Only authorised persons are granted access to the recorded images. The images are deleted after one month if the images do not contribute to proving a crime, damage, nuisance, behaviour penalised by the Municipal Administrative Sanctions regulations, or a disturbance of public order. If this is the case, the images can be retained longer for further investigation. In this case, the images can also be handed over to the police or judicial authorities.
Personal data are not shared with third parties, except in the following cases:
- Authorities that may request them from us (e.g. police, tax administration, etc.) after we have verified the legitimacy of their request
- Specific third parties officially appointed in cases such as law firms, bailiffs, etc.
- Software supplier for booking management
No personal data will be shared outside the European Economic Area.
Retention of personal data
Personal data are not retained longer than necessary for the purposes for which we process them. Personal data that do not form part of the data to be retained in accordance with the general regulations can be deleted on request.
We have taken all reasonable and appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your personal data. These include firewalls, data encryption, and physical and administrative access controls to the data and servers. Our employees are also required to respect the confidentiality of your data.
Rights of data subjects
Visitors to our websites have the following rights to personal data that we hold about you:
- Opt-out: When personal data are processed based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent immediately and easily;
- Right to information: You have the right to ask Hotel Vé whether your personal data are being processed;
- Right of access: You have the right to verify whether and how your data are being processed;
- Right of rectification: If it turns out that your data are incorrect, you can submit a request to rectify them;
- Right to be forgotten: In cases where you have given your consent to process data, you have the right to have personal data deleted.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. We will comply with this unless there are legitimate grounds for processing.
- Right to complain: You can also contact us with complaints about the processing of personal data. In accordance with privacy law, you have the right to complain to the data protection authority, which has its head office at Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels.
We do not collect cookies on the websites of Hotel Vé and Vé Wellness.
We reserve the right to make changes to this Privacy Statement. It is therefore advisable to consult this Privacy Statement regularly.